Friday, March 30, 2012

I'm home


I got back from Phase 2 on Wednesday. I had lots of fun. There was 11 kids there, a few from our district and a few from the Chugach district. Every night we had to rate how our group did for the day with things such as putting forth our best effort, staying on task, and lots of other things. It was called the sliding scale. We had to get a seven or better to be able to go out and have a leisure. A few things we went and did were ice skating, neon bowling, swimming,  staying in and watching a movie, and a few other things. One night we didn't get to go out so we made up a game to play. It was still lots of fun.  

We learned interviewing skills, went on job shadows, and worked out every morning. I also got to tour the UAA campus with a few other kids. We also did a lot of career researching. I thought going to the Phase was really helpful.

Other then that, next week is state testing and thankfully, I get to stay home :D isn't that awesome? I think it is!

The week after that is the talent show. We have been working super hard on our science project but we haven't come with anything for the talent show. I think we will be fine. For our public speaking that we always have to do, I get to read one of the papers I wrote. Its about video games not causing violence :)

Thats all for now, until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment