Monday, September 24, 2012

First post of the new school year.

Hello everyone, I hope your summers went well. Mine was pretty ok. We have been busy getting back into the swing of things. A lot has happened since school started and I haven't had time to post until now.

This year we have a new teacher. His name is Richard Bierer. He was in Levelock for the past two years. Everyone calls him Mr.B.

Other then that, we had an artist come into our school. He was a professional photographer. His name was Harry Walker. He came and had everyone make an alphabet book of pictures and words from around Chignik. I was gone for two weeks so I wasn't able to be here while he was at our school.

Last weekend, from the 21 to the 23, Mr.B and I traveled to a town called Naknek for the Cross Country meet. It was also the regional meet for some other schools. There was a lot of runners there. We left Friday afternoon. Friday night we had a dance because all of the schools except the ones from LPSD were leaving Saturday evening. The girls race started at 10 AM on Saturday. The boys started at 10:45 AM.

Tyler was able to go to another SAVEC program earlier this month. It was small engines and outboard repair. I was accepted to go but was not able to because I was gone.

Official volleyball practice starts today so we will probably start that. Mr.B is our coach this year. The south jamboree will be at Chignik Lake.

Last year I was elected to be on the LPSD Student Government. We had a teleconference before the Cross Country meet and I was voted to be the Parliamentarian. I will write all the positions and names of people once I make sure I'm getting the spelling and positions right.

I think that is about it for this post and school year so far. Everything has been going well. Our school will probably have a student government meeting soon and we will possibly start planning out some fund raisers.

No comments:

Post a Comment