Saturday, March 12, 2011

Student Work

These are some poems from the high school students from our school. Since we don’t have many students, I’m going to post two poems from me.
Ode to the Fire Hydrantby Justin Tamez
The fire hydrant
Is just sitting there,
So majestic
And uncaring.
It’s as though
A dog could pee
On it and
It wouldn’t even budge
To make death threats.
I know I
Would try.

So here’s to
Fire hydrants everywhere,
Keep on Keeping on.

Ode to My Books
By Bailey Anderson
Patiently they wait.
They wait for the day.
The day they are read.

They collect dust.
Day after day.
Sitting on a shelf.

Yet they grow no resentment.
Sitting on a shelf, day after day.
They wait for you.

They feel no joy when they are read.
No sadness when they are not.
No empathy when one is dropped.

On a shelf, all day.
Sitting, waiting.
For you.

Bacon
By Tyler McCormick
Beautiful brown bacon crisps on the pan
Like an
Albino on the beach on a hot sunny day

The Mirror
By Bailey Anderson
I look into the mirror.
I see the face of a girl.
A girl that wants to be a tomboy.

I see sweat pants.
I see tee shirts.
I see Xtra Tufs and a black beanie.

The comments on how I act.
The questions of why.
“Why don’t you want to look nice?”

I see the trust issues.
I see the thoughts.
I see the soul.

I look into a mirror.
And I see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment